How to Feel Great as an Artist
(Or, What to Do, Underline Any That Currently Apply)
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Celebrate your own unique skill set and style.
- Share your passion with like-minded creative folks. There are plenty of artists out there who share their love for the medium, just like you. Form a group and cheer each other on.
- Base your success on your own artist growth, tackle as many projects as possible.
- Challenge yourself constantly to push yourself to the next level.
- Be confident in your knowledge and your ability to creatively problem solve.
- Do it because you love it.
- Follow your own vision. If you build it, they will come. (and if not, you can be happy that you accomplished something all on your own terms.)
- Do work because you enjoy it. Please yourself first!
- Share your thoughts, concerns and feedback with the client / customer / gallery owner / patron. Frame your dialogue with the intent of helping your clients succeed.
- Set realistic goals, both short term and long term. Re-evaluate and refocus your goals. Take the time to enjoy the artistic journey.
Till Next Time (TNT) Ron M.
Cane Bay Photography